Your browser version is outdated. We recommend that you update your browser to the latest version.
Funding to help with Childcare Fees

Help with Childcare Fees & Funding Options

There are some ways you may be able to get help with your childcare fees, such as Childcare Vouchers, 2/3/4 year old funding, Child Tax Credits and Learning Support. We have put some details on each below and where you can get more information if it applies to you.


Childcare Vouchers

Some employers offer childcare vouchers. The vouchers are taken from your salary before your usual Tax and NI contributions are deducted which means the vouchers could save you money on your childcare costs each year – if your partner also signs up to the scheme you will be able to save more.

Bouncy Bear Childcare accepts most vouchers. Please contact your employer to see if they have a childcare voucher scheme in place and when you are aware of which scheme your employer uses, please speak to us and we will ensure that we have an account with that particular scheme. If not we may be able to set one up for you.


Early Years Entitlement Funding – Three and Four Year Old Places

The Government will fund part-time Early Years Entitlement places for three and four year olds. The funding is started the term after your child’s 3rd birthday. The entitlement is 15 hours per week, term time only. Please click the link below and it will give you further information, or please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to answer any queries you may have. We also accept the 30 hours Funding here if you qualify, please contact us for further information about this. 

●     If your child is born between the 1st April and the 31st August, funding can be claimed from the 1st September - Autumn funding period.
If your child is born between the 1st September and the 31st December, funding can be claimed from the 1st January - Spring funding period.
If your child is born between the 1st January and the 31st March, funding can be claimed from 1st April – Summer funding period.


Early Years Entitlement Funding – Two Year Old Places

This is also available for two year olds who meet the eligibility criteria. Please click the link below for further information regarding eligibility. If you think that you are entitled to this funding please speak to us and we will happily assist you with your claim. 


Childcare Tax Credits

You could qualify for extra tax credits to help with some of your childcare costs while you are working.
You can use the tax credits childcare calculator to work out what childcare costs you can claim. This is often the best way as eligibility and amounts can change.
For more information you can also visit


Childcare Fee Support while Studying

The information below has been taken directly from

Discretionary Learner Support
You may be able to get Discretionary Learner Support to pay for childcare if you’re 20 or over and on a further education course.
Contact the college for more information - each college has its own scheme.

Childcare Grant
You can apply for a Childcare Grant if you’re in full-time higher education to pay for childcare costs for children:

●   under 15
●   under 17 if they have special needs

Care to Learn
Care to Learn payments go direct to your childcare provider to pay for childcare costs. You may be able to get Care to Learn if you’re under 20 and caring for your own child.

Many of our families use the above funding to help with their childcare costs and it makes a huge difference. If you know of any other ways families could get support with their childcare fees please let us know and we will update the website to help others.

© Copyright 2010 - 2024 Bouncy Bear Childcare, Day Care and Pre-School in Wellington, Somerset

Registered with OFSTED

Hosted by NurseryWeb (FootfallCam Company)